Pink tip haitian anenome

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
What size is your tank?

How long has it been set up?

What type of lights are you running?

my lights are beyond fine.... cost me 400 bucks for the fixture has 4 antics 4 MH bulbs so llighting is perfect 125 gallon mixed reef and its been up for 9-10 months now

BigJay

condylactus are like a more compact LTA. So consideration must be given to the size of the tentacles. In simpler terms they eat up a ton of space given there small size. They pack a powerful sting which will win in most tank situations. Many corals cannot survive it. If you were away from the tank for a weekend say and the condy went mobile its possible to wipe out your tank. Thats worse case scenario of course.
All that being said if you can make it happy give it the room it needs and it stays put they are relatively easy to care for IMO. Given then close proximaty to collection areas to the United States they tend to suffer less stress then other nems shipped for long periods of time. Don't play with fire though and try to calculate nearby coral placement just out of reach of the tentacles.

condylactus are like a more compact LTA. So consideration must be given to the size of the tentacles. In simpler terms they eat up a ton of space given there small size. They pack a powerful sting which will win in most tank situations. Many corals cannot survive it. If you were away from the tank for a weekend say and the condy went mobile its possible to wipe out your tank. Thats worse case scenario of course.
All that being said if you can make it happy give it the room it needs and it stays put they are relatively easy to care for IMO. Given then close proximaty to collection areas to the United States they tend to suffer less stress then other nems shipped for long periods of time. Don't play with fire though and try to calculate nearby coral placement just out of reach of the tentacles.

makes me second thought of buying one!

seatrueblue

If you are looking for some thing beautiful that likes to stay in the sand. Get a LTA aka M. Doreensis. I have had my purple lta for over a year now and I love it. The M. Doreensis host all sorts of clowns. Condys look nice but good luck selling it when you want to get rid of it. Most fish stores will not take a condy because they can't beg people to buy them.

lcstorc

Had a Condy when I first set up my tank. It was beautiful and did wonderfully and even stayed in one place so that was great. Down side, it got HUGE. I have a 6ft tank and it moved to one end. Nothing would go to the last 2 feet of the tank. Not the clown. Nothing. I ended up giving it to my daughter's marine biology class for their tank. It was pretty but I wanted my tank back.

dennyamy

I have a pink tip haitian and he is fine. He has stayed put and doesn't bother my shrimp, fish or corals. Good Luck!

dennyamy

180 gal I have 4 clowns, 4 anthias, 4 cromis, 2 tangs, damsil, 2 wrasse, 3 cardinals, and a basslet, with a full reef cleaner package

180 gal I have 4 clowns, 4 anthias, 4 cromis, 2 tangs, damsil, 2 wrasse, 3 cardinals, and a basslet, with a full reef cleaner package

i have 2 green torches.... couple kinds of mushrooms alot of zoos fish wise blue hippo tang (small) maroon clown and mandarin! in a 140 gallon! still stocking it! just started to add things so im looking to add an anenome