HELP! I think my frogspawn is dyn'

Tru2nr

guys what is goin on with my frogspawn it wasn't fully extended yesterday or when i came home from work this morning but when i came home from work tonight its got this white stuff on it tell me its not dyn'!!!
DSCN0979.jpg

heres another pic
DSCN0978.jpg

reefman420

tissue recission,try giveing it a fw dip,on that note i just lost a 30 head coloney of hammer to brown jelly disease,euphys are extremly prone to this,what are ure tank params?

Tru2nr

ph is 8.3 nitrate 0 nitrite 0 amonia 0 sg is 1.023 cacl is in the 400's dkh is about 12

reefman420

one ure salinity is really low,u wanna get it up to about 1.025,i run mine at 1.026,when u raise it u wanna do it slow,1ppm every couple hours,are u topping off everyday?

Tru2nr

well i think the FW dip just killed my frogs pawn..ima gonna quarintine it for the night but i think its safe to say itsa in coral heaven now:angel3:
one pic
DSCN0982.jpg

another pic
DSCN0981.jpg

Nervoustime

It's not dead. I have a Frogspawn that was not doing well (looked very much like yours). After an RO/DI dip, it stayed closed for a few days. After that, it came back strong. It went from almost dead to its current condition (12 heads). Don't give up on it. They are pretty hardy in my opinion.

michael_cb_125

I have a 4 headed hammer coral. Two heads died. I was going to break the off. I diddnt and now I have 6 baby headys growing outta the two dead heads.
Also I dont recommend a freshwater dip on a stressed coral, unless it is parasite related. The frehwwater dip just stresses the coral even more IMO.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
A Freshwater dip is suggested in many cases to try and flush/kill certain tissue issues. I am confident that a FW dip saved my FrogSpawn which was going down hill almost right in front of my eyes. I dipped it for about 5 minutes and then placed it back into the tank. Before I dipped I adjust temp to match the tank temp to minimize stress. I lost 3 head out of 5 because I hesitated on the dip (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) :).

Triggerjay

A Freshwater dip is suggested in many cases to try and flush/kill certain tissue issues. I am confident that a FW dip saved my FrogSpawn which was going down hill almost right in front of my eyes. I dipped it for about 5 minutes and then placed it back into the tank. Before I dipped I adjust temp to match the tank temp to minimize stress. I lost 3 head out of 5 because I hesitated on the dip (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) :).

I have had the same results with a FW dip. Worked like a charm!

Jason

Tru2nr

yeah ill find out when i get home from my night job on how its doin im pray that it will start to look betterit was like in a matter of a couple hours it went from lookn' fine to haven' that white stuff on it.

Tru2nr

Its starting to come back alive

ok thankgod my frogspawn is starting to look more alive :clink: I just want to say thanks to everyone who had suggested that i FW dip it
heres a picture with the flash on
DSCN0983.jpg

flash off
DSCN0984.jpg

Nervoustime

I am glad it worked out for you. I agree that you need to match the temperature and PH. My Frogspawn was in bad shape before I did the RO/DI dip. Today, it has grown multiple new heads. IMO, the freshwater dip did the job. It saved it. If a coral is on the brink of death, how much more can you stress it?

Tru2nr

well yeah i was afraid that the FW dip was to much for it in the begining it didn't look like it was gonna survive but its starting to look alot better.

t_j

Need some help with my frogspawn it is doing the same thing as Tru2nr's frogspawn but theres no tissue loss. It looks like Tru2nr's last pic before the fw dip. Every thing reads good and every thing in my tank is doing well except for the frogspawn. My question is how do I do a FW or RO/DI dip??

Nervoustime

How long has it been closed up? There are times when a few heads on my Frogspawn don't want to fully open up. Is there any slime on the tissue?

t_j

Its not even closed up its just "hanging" nothings growing on it and there is no tissue like in Tru2nr's picture. Its been this way for a while it acts like its coming back and then it does this, but this time its just staying this way.

Tru2nr

well honestly i would try the FW dip i mean i've never seen my frogspawn look so good now after that was all said and done and it did take about a week to fully get back to lookin real good...mine how ever it looked like there was excess white tissue growing out of the head...but heres how mine looks now a days
DSCN1231.jpg