Chiller Repair Service

Sea Bass

Hello, fellow reefers.
Ive recently come here to R.S. and Id like to put my services to your needs. Im currently looking for people who want to repair instead of replace their broken chiller units.
I offer a warranty of 1-3 years on repairs depending on the manufacturer. Ive repaired units ranging in size from 10 ton commercial units as well as the common 1/8 H.P. and everything in between.
I hope Im not overstepping any rules here by posting my services but I think its valuable service for the cost concious reefer. God knows we would all like to save alittle in this hobby : ).

If anyone out there is interested please drop me a line. Shipping can be negotiated and parts and labor are a fraction of what others will charge from my experience.

I also design and build custon steel tank stands. Eithier from your sketch and or prints or one of my many proven designs. Im a designer/fabricator and an HVAC professional contractor with an electrical back ground and the reefing community gets the best price I can give because of my love for the hobby.

I do honest work and have many satisfied customers and id love to help some other reefers build their dream tank. Please let me know!!!

Frankie

RS STAFF
I have a Customsealife drop in chiller that snapped where the titanium drop in meets the copper. It has a compression fitting inside. Could you fix that?

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
Welcome aboard to bad you are no in Cailfornia there are alot of chillers here that need repair. I get about 2-3 per day asking about repairs

Frankie

RS STAFF
I think this guy was full of it. I posted a response the same day and still didn't hear back from him.

cioutlaw

Dont mean to hijack this thread but this guy hasnt been back in over a month.

You can take your chiller to about any local mechanical contractor & get it fixed & not have to pay shipping. Most chillers are just a common piece of refrigeration equipment.

I can build steel tank stands for in walls or what ever. Have built some very large ones for LFS displays. my background includes working in a power plant where about all my welds get inspected being they are on high pressure(850psi) super heated steam mains. I also do fabrication/welding at my home shop including building certified drag car chassis. be careful who you hire to weld a tank stand its not as easy as buying a cheap welder & sticking metel together.

Last edited:

cioutlaw

I want to say I am in no way discouraging anyone from using this guy, just adding some info.

cioutlaw

thanks for the heads up... so i can just take it to an AC/fridge repair company??

I dont see why not. some might not want to mess with a small project but Im sure if you call around someone will do it. I never did refrigeration work but I worked for a company that did & they did repair on about anything including refrigerators, walk in coolers, drinking fountains ect. Reef chillers are very similar to a drinking fountain.

Hello, fellow reefers.
Ive recently come here to R.S. and Id like to put my services to your needs. Im currently looking for people who want to repair instead of replace their broken chiller units.
I offer a warranty of 1-3 years on repairs depending on the manufacturer. Ive repaired units ranging in size from 10 ton commercial units as well as the common 1/8 H.P. and everything in between.
I hope Im not overstepping any rules here by posting my services but I think its valuable service for the cost concious reefer. God knows we would all like to save alittle in this hobby : ).

If anyone out there is interested please drop me a line. Shipping can be negotiated and parts and labor are a fraction of what others will charge from my experience.

I also design and build custon steel tank stands. Eithier from your sketch and or prints or one of my many proven designs. Im a designer/fabricator and an HVAC professional contractor with an electrical back ground and the reefing community gets the best price I can give because of my love for the hobby.

I do honest work and have many satisfied customers and id love to help some other reefers build their dream tank. Please let me know!!!
Are your services still available thanks

I saw that the post was old put I spoke with kool tanks about two years ago and with some help from the posts got his number hope to hear from him soon if I do I will post the info thanks still have other issues but for now am trying to get a 1 hp chiller that needs to be repaired

DaveK

How large a tank are you running? A 1 HP is massive and is usually rated for something like a 350 gal or larger tank, depending upon how much reduction in temp you need. They will also draw a massive amount of power. Depending upon your tank size, and requirements, once you consider the power needed to run it, it might be less expensive long term to just replace it.

On my own 125 gal tank, the chiller is something like 1/4 or 1/5 HP. I got it way back when when I had MH lighting and needed something to keep the temp down. Now that I have replaced the lighting, the chiller almost never runs. I[m sure I could take it off the system now, and it wouldn't be missed.

My refurim is in the boiler room [ hot in their] run fans across the chiller so it only really comes on in summer time but I have a 220 and the refurim is a 100 gallon so with every thing it about 340 or so gallons works well but I have an oceanic that needs repair I think I will have to try a refrigeration place will post what happens