GlennF's reefing heaven!

glennf

Ultra-goniopora, amazingballs-goniopora, rare-goniopora ....

They grow like weed in here.
Does this means i am sitting on a goldmine?

ee5bf57b5d1dbb99b62260e0dec8d27f.jpg
0782e1becb05856754e26162f49da14f.jpg
8f28ec4473d6db36ced60d140968f511.jpg
ee5bf57b5d1dbb99b62260e0dec8d27f.jpg
0782e1becb05856754e26162f49da14f.jpg
8f28ec4473d6db36ced60d140968f511.jpg

Blue Space

That's going to be a very nice reefscape there! I intend to do something similar in my new build to maximize flow and leaving little space for detritus to build up. Thanks for posting!

glennf

That's going to be a very nice reefscape there! I intend to do something similar in my new build to maximize flow and leaving little space for detritus to build up. Thanks for posting!
I hope my reef will be more 3dimension. Now all corals are just in the lower regions of the tank

Last edited:

glennf

I try to post this, but is all get messed up...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221029_171028.jpg
    Screenshot_20221029_171028.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 1

Blue Space

Ultra-goniopora, amazingballs-goniopora, rare-goniopora ....

They grow like weed in here.
Does this means i am sitting on a goldmine?
Me thinks so!

I've got the perfect slogan for your advertisement, "Get these gonis before they're goners!" Wait, that sales pitch might need some work... :D

glennf

Today's spotlight is this bright red flowerpot coral (Goniopora Lobata). This coral has been propagated with great success. Placed in different conditions, the colours have developed a few variations

glennf

A while ago i bought a small frag from this pink goniopora w.yellow centre. Now i manage to let it flourishing and also succesfully propagated it. I spead it out over several systems and observe how it will develop.

glennf

This coral was given to me by a LFS because it was slowly dying and he intended to throw it in the garbage bin.
After a slow recovery it started to flourish from a dull yellow coral to a colorfull bernardpora with intense orange tentacles and green centre.
I need to frag it soon, because i am out of space.i also need to make frags for the savekeeping of this specie.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Glenn,
How long do you think a person would need to use your additives/method before they’d see results?

glennf

Glenn,
How long do you think a person would need to use your additives/method before they’d see results?
It depends how you apply it.
When they educate themself and follow all the given (basic) guidlines. Most parameters can be set right and essential depleted product become available. Corals can react within 4 day to those improved condition.

This is a short guide to get started with the EZ system www.DSRreefing.com/ez-dsr
It's straight forward.

On thing i noticed over the years is, that young/new reefers have a higher percentage of succes, as they learn the DSR system much faster than older reefers. Some oldskool reefers just can't let go of conficting/counterproductive habbits. Because they have been doing so much different systems over the years, they just don't believe the simplicity of the DSR system can work. I try to get rid of all excess equipment, because they all need maintenance and also to eliminate the countless single point of failures associated with unessential equipments aka gadgets.

Last edited:

Blue Space

Wish I would have studied Dutch instead of Spanish in high school now...

Donde esta el bano? Sure it comes in handy during a trip to Cancun but I'd much rather give up water changes. :)

Good thing for schmoogle translate -
"The EZ-DSR program contains 4 ready-to-use and balanced dosing solutions. They are packaged in transparent bottles, which can be placed directly on the dosing pump.
The advantages of EZ-DSR are: convenience, extra purified substances, no use of heavy metals, easy start, excellent result, the possibility of corrections with the extensive DSR program. Above all, it is also a very easy way to get in, before you can delve into the DSR method to get the most out of it.
The (theoretical) dosing ratio EZ buffer: EZ Calcium : EZ Trace = 5:1 : (0.5). Measurements of KH and Ca are minimized in this program, but can never be completely ignored, because the consumption in each aquarium is dynamic. EZ Trace contains: Magnesium, Sulfate, Potassium, Boron, Iodide & Manganese. This structurally supplements all essential substances, so that measurements and corrections can be further minimised.
"

Last edited: