Nobby's S-650

SPR

I owe you a pint of your home-made beer ! There doesn't appear to be any difference. I shall be sending off for my latest ICP test this week, so it'll be interesting to see what that shows.
You will be fine, Ive just had one back after nearly 5 years and all is well, because there isnt any difference

SPR

Wow, you've made the leap of faith and got an ICP test! Did you go Triton or ATI?
Triton and all is good. I had one on the big tank as well a month ago, Infact I’ve stopped dosing the coral colours as I don’t think there necessarily needed. The big tank had raised iodine and nickel because of the colours so I’ve stopped adding them

I can show in build if anyone interested

Nobbygas

And right on time.......My S-650 system was set-up around six months after Shaun's, and lo and behold my first power supply on the lights has packed up ! I've ordered two for now as I'm pretty sure another will drop dead at any time.

Nobbygas

I was in the local supermarket last week and I noticed they had some fresh Oysters for sale, so I bought one. Got home and prised it open with a knife. I then placed the half-shell containing the Oyster into the tank...........and not one of the fish showed the slightest interest in it. I thought the Trigger at least would be interested because he's a pig who will eat anything, but no.

Pancho75

And right on time.......My S-650 system was set-up around six months after Shaun's, and lo and behold my first power supply on the lights has packed up ! I've ordered two for now as I'm pretty sure another will drop dead at any time.
Dang, I will have to buy spares, thank you for sharing.

Nobbygas

Agh, the things we forget about.

When I setup my S-650, I found the power cords for the two lights furthest from the power centre were too short. I contacted Red Sea and they very kindly replaced two of the power packs with ones that had a longer cord.......Moving on, I have just bought two replacement power units, and lo and behold I completely forget about the longer cords needed...agh ! Not a major problem but an irritation. I shall just look for two more with extra long cords.

So I'm getting my tank prepared for the Summer. This means that I have to get the Chiller up and running again. During the Winter I just turn it off as it's not needed. I don't even need the heating part of it as the ambient room temperature keeps the tank at the required level. For this I usually replace the green tubing that goes in/out of the Chiller as they tend to get a lot of gunk in them. I also run a mixture of white vinegar/water through the Chiller for a couple of hours as well to help give the inside a clean. I've also given the UV-C a complete clean, bulb replacement and tubing replaced. Pumps for both were cleaned as well.

Bring on the Summer !

Nobbygas

The outside temperature here on Sunday was 43.6C (115F), which explains why a Chiller here is essential. Fans wouldn't be able to cope. The Chiller quite literally, saves the tank.

Nobbygas

And.......bang, just like that I have lost two Royal Grammas. One I found floating on the surface (or I really should say just half of one). The other has just disappeared. Everything looked normal yesterday.

Pancho75

And.......bang, just like that I have lost two Royal Grammas. One I found floating on the surface (or I really should say just half of one). The other has just disappeared. Everything looked normal yesterday.
Sorry for your losses my friend.

Reactions: SPR

Nobbygas

So I had to replace the OSG that had gone MIA. The last time I had to introduce a new one things didn't go too well, and I found that they could (and would) commit Hari Kiri by somehow forcing themselves through the Red sea net cover. I think last time I finally managed to get one to stay in the tank at something like the third attempt. This time I thought I would change my tactics, and I bought a pair of them! The LFS said they were a pair, and as I trust them I took their word for it.
It has been a resounding success. Neither of them has jumped through the net and they swim and sift the sand side-by-side virtually all day. They truly are a pair ! I'm really happy with the outcome.

Pancho75

So I had to replace the OSG that had gone MIA. The last time I had to introduce a new one things didn't go too well, and I found that they could (and would) commit Hari Kiri by somehow forcing themselves through the Red sea net cover. I think last time I finally managed to get one to stay in the tank at something like the third attempt. This time I thought I would change my tactics, and I bought a pair of them! The LFS said they were a pair, and as I trust them I took their word for it.
It has been a resounding success. Neither of them has jumped through the net and they swim and sift the sand side-by-side virtually all day. They truly are a pair ! I'm really happy with the outcome.
Good! I had the same issues with my OSG, at this moments I don’t have one. You owe us some pics or video to watch your fish together.