Beginner looking to upgrade

Sam Al

Hi everyone! I’m pretty new to the reefing community and I’m on the market to upgrade from my 32 gal bio cube to a full on Red Sea Max S 500!! I’ve been reefing for about 6 months now, never lost a fish or coral and don’t plan to ever! (I know sometimes it’s just inevitable) but my deep love for the ocean is what brought my attention to reefing and I don’t think I’ll ever stop! Does anybody within 500-600 miles of South Carolina have a used S-500 for sale??

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
That’ll be a sizable upgrade for sure! Go with the one that has the plywood stand vs mdf. Waterbox tanks are nice too. Hopefully you can find on used......although I’m a fan of buying new

Sam Al

That’ll be a sizable upgrade for sure! Go with the one that has the plywood stand vs mdf. Waterbox tanks are nice too. Hopefully you can find on used......although I’m a fan of buying new
What is mdf?? The S series actually has an aluminum frame with whatever wood they used to cover the metal frame!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Mdf is like composite wood and once penetrated it soaks water really good. Think ikea lol