White spots while cycling tank

Aaron Aubuchon

I am cycling a new 25g tank with a sump. I used fritz zyme nine 10 lbs cured live rock and 15lbs dry live rock. Live sand carib sea all from lfs with a 10g sump I have 2 very small fully cured live rocks in there also and aqua knight reef light cheap from Amazon (plan on upgrading asap prolly as soon as tank is done cycling) temp is always 78.6 to 77.8 degrees at all time .. salinity is 1.025. Last I check ammonia had dropped to .25 and nitrite were at least 2ppm.. i have a small diatom bloom I have coraline algae spreading .. I have checked the parameters in a couple days it's only been 1 week. My question is I have small to medium white spots popping up all over my live rock .. os this normal .. and live stock at this time

DaveK

This is most likely normal. Tanks seem to go through a lot of strange stuff with the initial cycle. Just to be sure, could you post a few picts of the areas in question?

DaveK

I'd agree with @Brittle star 11. They are likely sponges. Most LR has a certain amount of die off when you move it. This is not at all unusual. I don't see any special issues. Just leave it along until ammonia and nitrite peak and drop back to 0.