Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

Nobbygas

Not yet but i have just literally this second (are you watching me! Lol) emailed Stuart Bertram at DD (David Saxby etc) for a tank builder recommendation. I spoke with him last year about rhowaphos etc. And you know who these guys are and their legendary systems.

Also tonight my wifes friend came around and after admiring my new fish thought the corals were rubber!!! I clearly pointed out not and she was gobsmacked! Lol. She was very impressed with my abilities.......

And then she said in-front of my wife, im surprised you haven’t built a bigger tank...... our jaws dropped....

So clearly its fate!!!

And ive only not ordered the ALR because Collo said it’s because im bored which was exactly right. I think hes using reverse psychology on me but so far he’s saved me £300! Lol

But the ALR principal seems sound and i might get one yet

Forgive any typos i cant see as from phone!! Lol

Oh and I’m going to change the password on my HD camera just in case someone has hacked it!! Lol
I know the feeling. She Who Casts No Shadow asked me yesterday why I was talking in a whisper in the house. I told her that I didn't want Mark Zuckerberg listening to my every word. She laughed, I laughed, Alexa laughed, Siri laughed......

SPR

Im just exploring options at the moment.

You know this is my first big tank, but I’ve learned and I simply love it.

I have a lot of time on my hands between flights, and need something to keep me occupied.

SPR

What? hey? stop the press! 5,000 now ! I thought it was 3,000!
Now I'm even more excited !
If i do it the display would be around 3000 litres and Im guessing the sump would be the length of the base cabinet so another few 1000, although this could also go outside.

I will have to decide once I get a quote.

Its one of those things that will look magnificent, because I have the finance to fill it up, but do I really want the upheaval, maybe Im getting old and set in my ways. But then again it would be exciting!

Nobbygas

If i do it the display would be around 3000 litres and Im guessing the sump would be the length of the base cabinet so another few 1000, although this could also go outside.

I will have to decide once I get a quote.

Its one of those things that will look magnificent, because I have the finance to fill it up, but do I really want the upheaval, maybe Im getting old and set in my ways. But then again it would be exciting!
You could have the sump/water go outside and utilize it to make a display like at the Bellagio in Las Vegas

I'm just thinkng 'out of the box' !

SPR

What do you use to clean your front glass with? just a flipper magnet? or do you get your arms wet?
I have a Flipper Max and change the blade around every 4 months and it works perfectly. I don’t however leave it in the tank as I think it spoils the look but that’s just me, so I get my fingers wet when removing it

I also have a long scraper for the back wall and scrape it every few weeks to keep it reasonably clean. If you do it regularly it’s easier than when it’s built up.

Collo

Thanks gents, Nobby you saved me asking on your thread lol. I already have the flipper max pro and the normal flipper max ready to be deployed, you both have immaculate glass hence the question :)

Have you ever seen robosnail? I had one on my previous tank, a bit of a gimmick tbh it did an ok job but only on the soft stuff and not all the way to the bottom of the glass, but the biggest issue with it was, it was massive. There's been another called Moai but looks like that's never going to see the light of day, its been in development for ever

Nobbygas

Thanks gents, Nobby you saved me asking on your thread lol. I already have the flipper max pro and the normal flipper max ready to be deployed, you both have immaculate glass hence the question :)

Have you ever seen robosnail? I had one on my previous tank, a bit of a gimmick tbh it did an ok job but only on the soft stuff and not all the way to the bottom of the glass, but the biggest issue with it was, it was massive. There's been another called Moai but looks like that's never going to see the light of day, its been in development for ever
The 'robotic' ones look sort of ok, but I understand they can't go round corners, so pretty useless really. Sometimes the ole elbow grease is the best method :)

SPR

I’ve seen all of the robot versions and they have issues.

I clean my glass every 2 days normally and it only takes a few minutes

Oh and whats a Flipper Max Pro, and yes I have already googled it!! Lol. I assume you mean the large one which I already have?

Collo

I’ve seen all of the robot versions and they have issues.

I clean my glass every 2 days normally and it only takes a few minutes

Oh and whats a Flipper Max Pro, and yes I have already googled it!! Lol. I assume you mean the large one which I already have?

I do, no idea why I thought it was called the pro lol