Nobby's S-650

Nobbygas

That's a great picture!
Why thank you. Coming from a Master Photographer like yourself it is a very welcoming comment.

I bought the D-D Coral Colour Lens Kit for the phone, which is a Samsung S9+. I must admit it really improves the colour of the photos, and for 25 quid it is a fantastic piece of kit !
Not only that, but She Who Casts No Shadow has just got a Canon 2000D DSLR. It's only the entry-level DSLR, but I will be playing with it in the future to see what results I can get.

SPR

Why thank you. Coming from a Master Photographer like yourself it is a very welcoming comment.

I bought the D-D Coral Colour Lens Kit for the phone, which is a Samsung S9+. I must admit it really improves the colour of the photos, and for 25 quid it is a fantastic piece of kit !
Not only that, but She Who Casts No Shadow has just got a Canon 2000D DSLR. It's only the entry-level DSLR, but I will be playing with it in the future to see what results I can get.

There is a Canon Companion App you can get they shows you how to do various things and is actually quiet useful and once you get the hang of it you can take some really good pictures.

But a lot of this depends on the quality and ability of the lens, and that is were it can get very expensive, especially when you go into Macro lenses, with many costing more than the camera.

I usually take pictures on a rainy day if im not hitting my golf balls at right angles!

Nobbygas

Yeah, I don't know if I want to fork out on a Macro lens. I'll download the App though and have a play. I still have a 75-300mm Zoom lens and a Canon Speedlite Flash that I had with my old Canon film SLR, plus a tripod!

You do realise, that the ability to hit golf balls at a right angle is actually a skill......well, that's what I tell myself when I do it. Sometimes I think I'd be better off actually standing at a 90 degree angle to where I want the ball to go. My usual excuse is that I am a left-handed golfer ! All the right-handers just nod and mumble something along the lines of 'yeah, we understand".

I must admit, my natural slice is a thing of joy, wonder and beauty ! The way the ball just arcs left, upwards and onwards. I swear, if it stayed in the air long enough, it would come back to me like a boomerang !

Last edited:

SPR

Yeah, I don't know if I want to fork out on a Macro lens. I'll download the App though and have a play. I still have a 75-300mm Zoom lens and a Canon Speedlite Flash that I had with my old Canon film SLR, plus a tripod!

You do realise, that the ability to hit golf balls at a right angle is actually a skill......well, that's what I tell myself when I do it. Sometimes I think I'd be better off actually standing at a 90 degree angle to where I want the ball to go. My usual excuse is that I am a left-handed golfer ! All the right-handers just nod and mumble something along the lines of 'yeah, we understand".

I must admit, my natural slice is a thing of joy, wonder and beauty ! The way the ball just arcs left, upwards and onwards. I swear, if it stayed in the air long enough, it would come back to me like a boomerang !
Tell me about it! Lol

Nobbygas

Tell me about it! Lol
I hit a wonder shot last summer. The hole was long, with the fairway bordered by forest on both sides. Out came Big Bertha, and I thought to myself, "I'll give this a bit of a whack". Well, all golfers will know what comes next. I launched myself into the drive, and the ball flew straight as an arrow....for about 15 metres, then it just shot off to the left as though controlled remotely by an alien. The sound of the ball ricocheting off the trunks of the trees sounded like Woody the Woodpecker on crack cocaine ! I must admit, the sound was actually quite satisfying. I did ask my playing partners if we should go and look for the ball, and their response was full of bad language ending in "off" ! Some people have no manners.
I wonder if there is an entry in the Guinness Book of Records as to how many 'thunks' you can hear from one golf drive?

Nobbygas

Now my attention has turned to the Green Star Polyp. Why is it not growing? I have watched the tank like a stalker, but I can't see anyone chomping on it. So, I took the rock it is on out of the tank, and gave it a dip, to see if any nasties fall off. Nothing fell off. I have now put it back in the tank and just adjusted the rock around by 180 degrees to see if that makes any difference. Logic says no, but when did logic ever become relevant in our aquariums?

I am stalking the GSP again.........watching.........waiting..........

Nobbygas

Ha, ha, it's finally happened.......My Blue Throated Triggers are all loved up. Not the best quality video as this happens as the lights are going down......It was always the Female chasing the Male. Afterwards, the poor ole guy looked exhausted !

SPR

Ha, ha, it's finally happened.......My Blue Throated Triggers are all loved up. Not the best quality video as this happens as the lights are going down......It was always the Female chasing the Male. Afterwards, the poor ole guy looked exhausted !

That’s what they do and it’s great to watch, they may try and build a nest at some point, and then the female guards it.

Pancho75

So cool! Congratulations my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SPR

P4inter

So cool! Congratulations my friend!

Fantastic video. I have what i suspect is 2 males (should have been a pair but female decided to colour up). If i seen them behaving like that i would have panicked thinking they were fighting. Great looking fish and your tank is looking fantastic

emvanburen

Voyeur! Give them some privacy!

Ok it’s pretty cool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nobbygas

Mmmm, back to those 'impossible to grow' corals, like GSP and Duncan.
I've basically given up on the GSP. I did take the rock out and gave it a dip to see if any nasties fell off, but noting did. I just have to accept the fact that GSP is far too difficult for me to grow. Oh the shame.
The Duncan on the other hand.....originally it had six heads, and one by one they died, leaving just the skeleton. However, normally when heads die the skeleton becomes covered in algae/goes brown/looks dead. On this particular Duncan, one head stayed whitish, so I just left it in the tank. That must have been six months ago. Now I can see real signs of growth again. There is a distinct greenish colour in the middle of the head. I'm getting quite dizzy with excitement. I truly believe that it's coming back from the dead. I'm thinking of renaming it to a Zombie Coral !

Pancho75

Corals are resilient, duncans grow like weed in my tank, in my case the zombie coral is my red monti digitata... I cannot understand how the GSP is not growing in your tank, that thing survives everything!

SPR

I’ve been having the same problem regrowing GSP after the Freckle Face took a liking to it. Infact I’m wondering if he damaged what’s left.

I might get a new patch as it’s one of my favourite corals