Treatment with Formalin MS

MaryAnn

I have 2 fish in QT I added 2 drops per gallon like it said
Does anyone know how long I keep them in this like how many days?

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Uncle99

Personally I only observe in QT, I do not treat unless I can diagnos an illness. Time in QT varies dependant on a few things.

A) if the fish come from a LFS, then observation for 7-14 days is all I do provided they eat well from day one, act normally and show no signs of diease. For the first 7 days, I use 1.020, then for the second 7 I move salinity upwards to my target 1.025, .001 per day.

B) if the fish is shipped, I follow the same regime, but extend QT to around 30 days.

Only when signs of diease are evident do I use any meds as the long term effects of these can be problematic.

MaryAnn

Personally I only observe in QT, I do not treat unless I can diagnos an illness. Time in QT varies dependant on a few things.

A) if the fish come from a LFS, then observation for 7-14 days is all I do provided they eat well from day one, act normally and show no signs of diease. For the first 7 days, I use 1.020, then for the second 7 I move salinity upwards to my target 1.025, .001 per day.

B) if the fish is shipped, I follow the same regime, but extend QT to around 30 days.

Only when signs of diease are evident do I use any meds as the long term effects of these can be problematic.
Mine have ick and flake so I put all of them in qt I added 2 drops per gallon like it said and all fish are eating and seem better how long should I leave them in it?

MaryAnn

Mine have ick and flake so I put all of them in qt I added 2 drops per gallon like it said and all fish are eating and seem better how long should I leave them in it?

Uncle99

If your fighting Ick, I do not know the success in using Formalin only cupramine and hypo in the past.

That being said, if the medication is working, I go a full 21 days after the last spot is seen before I declare the fish clean of the parasite.

That being said, I leave my DT fishless for 72 days, before I declare it Ick free

MaryAnn

If your fighting Ick, I do not know the success in using Formalin only cupramine and hypo in the past.

That being said, if the medication is working, I go a full 21 days after the last spot is seen before I declare the fish clean of the parasite.

That being said, I leave my DT fishless for 72 days, before I declare it Ick free
Thank you have have all of them in copper safe and they all seem to be doing well they are eating I didnt know how long to treat them and my dt is fishless