Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

SPR

How did your Harlequin's get on with your savage little white starfish hordes?

I do like the Elegance. I have a similar one, but with Yellow tips.
Well i think the Harlequin has had a good meal or possibly two.

I think this because before I got chance to take him out and move him to the sump, I’ve not seen my pretty little red starfish!!

I’ve also got/had a full size sand sifting star fish and I haven’t seen him for a while either!

It’s ok though because when I got up today I removed 30 or so myself with my long tweezers!

Oxylebius

The following is a picture of a fight between a Montipora coral and another (pink one!).

The Montipora is winning and I’ve taken some frags from the victim

View attachment 48482

Gotta watch those monti caps, all of mine are this aggressive. No stinging. Just overgrowing other corals. Your birdsnest in the pic will loose this fight. Best to break off a few pieces on the monti cap now before you fully loose your birdsnest.

You can see from this pic how my monti cap is trying to over grow multiple corals.
178_zpscwzhkmp7.jpg

SPR

Gotta watch those monti caps, all of mine are this aggressive. No stinging. Just overgrowing other corals. Your birdsnest in the pic will loose this fight. Best to break off a few pieces on the monti cap now before you fully loose your birdsnest.

You can see from this pic how my monti cap is trying to over grow multiple corals.
178_zpscwzhkmp7.jpg
Yes I know! And I’ve been fragging it and putting it elsewhere so at some point I’m going to have a Montipora invasion!

Oh and an update on the Asterina Starfish. Numbers are dwindling but I’m still picking 20 or so out every other morning whilst the Harlequin shrimp lays back, the little sh..! Lol

They have eaten the green star polyp in the centre of the tank and are now eating the one on the right slowly.

SPR

My living reef is officially 2 years old and wow what a journey into this great hobby, and thanks to everyone for following along and providing great advice during my times of need!

Anyway a few photos to show the journey in particular the picture that started my obsession in the Maldives.

IMG_1894.JPGIMG_2351.JPGIMG_2353.JPGIMG_2357.JPGIMG_2702.JPGIMG_0026.JPGIMG_0810.JPG7518888448_IMG_0543.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0879.JPG
    IMG_0879.JPG
    782.1 KB · Views: 13