Clown goby sunken belly

tucker

I’ve purchased this guy about a month ago and his belly almost immediately started shrinking. He also has been turning more clear\white and began loosing his yellow color. He does eat when I feed. What could he have?

Attachments

• 2B5012FF-A429-4A6E-87F3-1EEB69DE42A4.jpeg
    2B5012FF-A429-4A6E-87F3-1EEB69DE42A4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • 7525394E-D743-4E99-9F82-DF4C92700B50.jpeg
    7525394E-D743-4E99-9F82-DF4C92700B50.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 64CCAC5B-4746-4171-8266-7AE67D7D78DB.jpeg
    64CCAC5B-4746-4171-8266-7AE67D7D78DB.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10

DaveK

I can't be sure about this, but I suspect that the fish was damaged in capturing or handeling. Possibly over treated with copper. Possibly captured using cyanide. Eating and being thin plus loosing color seem to point in that direction.

I don't think there is anything you can do other than feeding it well, and see how it goes. Sometimes fish make remarkable recoveries. Most likely it will waste away and die.

I’ve purchased this guy about a month ago and his belly almost immediately started shrinking. He also has been turning more clear\white and began loosing his yellow color. He does eat when I feed. What could he have?
In the process of loosing him.. unfortunately these fish for some reason don't last very long.. They need prestin water conditions ..check you ammonia levels .. Test with drop ammonia tester ..not the strips

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Oxylebius

Dr. Gs anti-parasitic and de-wormer medicated caviar is what I use on any new leopard wrasse I get (b/c they are well known to have internal parasites).

Best if given in a QT. And this is the advice I give to you.

If you use in the DT make sure you read all the risks the product has listed on it. This is not something that I recommend to do b/c of the risks. But it is an option to look into. Some of the meds will affect certain inverts in your DT. I have taken the risk and feed anti-parasitic in the DT full of sps w/o issue to the corals. Be aware that you will be taking a risk if you feed in the DT. I ran a large bag of carbon that I switched out weekly and when I feed I drained all liquid from the medicated eggs in a fish net over the sink, turned off all pumps in tank, feed very slowly so that all eggs were eaten by the fish and none fell to the bottom of the tank. Again know the risk you take if feed in the DT and take that risk knowing that this medicine can affect your corals and other inverts.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2007/10/aafeature1
http://www.drgsmarineaquaculture.com/de-wormer-caviar-detail.cfm
http://www.drgsmarineaquaculture.com/anti-parasitic-caviar-detail.cfm

Paul B

What have you been feeding him? They seem to live for 6 or 7 years and spawn almost every 2 or 3 days. But they need meaty foods like clams or live worms. Dry foods won't do it and although they may eat mysis, it is mostly shell and not much actual nutrition. They are small fish so they can only eat one or two at a time.
This one has eggs above her on the coral. She was about 7 years old as was her mate.