Got my Brittle Star today

cracker

Very cool ! It's big too . Iv'e had smaller ones in the past . Got them from some TBS rock once upon a time. they (I had 2) got about the size of a cup saucer . Never had a prob at all. Nice tank as well, I really like the black & white clown !

Erik Stenberg

Very cool ! It's big too . Iv'e had smaller ones in the past . Got them from some TBS rock once upon a time. they (I had 2) got about the size of a cup saucer . Never had a prob at all. Nice tank as well, I really like the black & white clown !
Thank you it's always an exciting day to bring home a new specimen. I'm guessing each tentacle is 5-6" long I need to try to figure out which type it is, the LFS had black ones and he's stated this one was a grey one got him home and he's a light red. So excited to see these tentacles in my tank. The clowns I bought as a pair they are ocellaris clowns and cycled the tank for me. Seems like the male is being a bit of a dick lately, chases the other one around no nipped fins but alpha attitude for sure, the biggest overall egos in the tank tho are the cleaner shrimp and the diamond gobie

Erik Stenberg

Ricordia are some of my all time favorites. I love the blue and orange ones!

-Jeff
Hey Jeff what's your opinion for placement it's a single head the size of a quarter it's orange on the outside and light purplish on the inside around the mouth, I hear many mixed ideas on this

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
I almost always start them on the sandbed or near the bottom, in direct light (whereas mushrooms usually do better starting off in or near a shadow), after 3 months I can move them pretty much anywhere and they do well. The ricordia can take a tremendous amount of light intensity if you allow proper acclimation time (usually a couple months).

Hope that helps?

Jeff

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
I have heard of people fragging ricordia, however I've never done it successfully. Can someone who has done this successfully please chime in? Do you take a chunk out, or must you do a clean split down the middle. I've tried both with poor results.

Thanks!
Jeff

Erik Stenberg

I almost always start them on the sandbed or near the bottom, in direct light (whereas mushrooms usually do better starting off in or near a shadow), after 3 months I can move them pretty much anywhere and they do well. The ricordia can take a tremendous amount of light intensity if you allow proper acclimation time (usually a couple months).

Hope that helps?

Jeff
Definitely does help, thanks Jeff