Red sea max 250 skimmer?

Roberto Luo

Hello everyone im new to saltwater aquarium and i got a red sea max 250, but it came with no skimmer at all, so i was wondering if i can use the msk900 skimmer from the C model (new pump, new skimmer body, new collection cup) will it fit in the rsm 250 rear panel?

Thank you!

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Roberto, I can confirm that the MSK 900 skimmer is not compatible with the original Max 250, however, original replacement skimmers should be available as spares from any Red Sea dealer.

Danreef

Hi Roberto, I can confirm that the MSK 900 skimmer is not compatible with the original Max 250, however, original replacement skimmers should be available as spares from any Red Sea dealer.

Agree with Red Sea Kev. I have been using the original skimmer for the RSM 250 since 2014 with absolutely no issues, beside some faulty propellers in the pump that were replaced ASAP by red sea.

Check the first pages of my thread for the setup.

Cheers

Rob_p

What are the other brands though? Haven't been on in years but deltec seems impossible to find now and my euro took a crap on me then I broke it :-/

Improvize

No issues with a Red Sea C-Skim? So it's not super LOUD? I've got mine tuned as good as it gets and the skimmate is not as dark as I have seen with other skimmers. And it's very loud. Other than that, works perfectly fine.

Danreef

No issues with a Red Sea C-Skim? So it's not super LOUD? I've got mine tuned as good as it gets and the skimmate is not as dark as I have seen with other skimmers. And it's very loud. Other than that, works perfectly fine.

I can not hear it unless I am beside the tank.

The lights fans are noisier.

Cheers
Daniel

Danreef

My tank

Cheers
Daniel
2d10f471d94c9c5598a69f347f537f2f.jpg
e629b11364feaf4794a80762c7438653.jpg
ebb9a1d68b0884c380c128efdab6bf25.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk