My first reef tank, one year in and still a beginner

Hely's reef

Hi I started reef keeping about a year ago, my current tank is 120 litres and have had some success plus a few (minor) failures along the way. I have live rock and started running a refugeeum a few months ago to try and keep the troublesome nitrates down. I have 3 clowns, a yellow tang and a bangaii cardinal as well as a selection of corals (mainly LPS plus a softie). I'm about to upgrade to a 300 litre and very excited! I'm passionate about this hobby and spend many enjoyable hours cleaning, feeding, maintaining and just watching my beautiful little reef.

mr_tap_water

Welcome to RS
Now would be a good time to start a diary up so we can follow you from the beginning when you get your new upgrade along with Telling us your plans on what you wish to have along with see it all come together with lots of pictures to.

even post lots of pictures of your tank you have now would be nice to.[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

Hely's reef

So..... I have had so many opinions as to how I go about doing my upgrade. My plan is to transfer everything lock stock and barrel and add some extra cured live rock from my lfs at the same time-is that the best way to go?? My current water parameters are pretty good and I intend to use my smaller tank as a QT. What are your thoughts?.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hely's reef

So..... I have had so many opinions as to how I go about doing my upgrade. My plan is to transfer everything lock stock and barrel and add some extra cured live rock from my lfs at the same time-is that the best way to go?? My current water parameters are pretty good and I intend to use my smaller tank as a QT. What are your thoughts?.....

2fd7182396f9481f3a22ef013eee389d.jpg
2fd7182396f9481f3a22ef013eee389d.jpg
IMG_0142.JPGIMG_0148.JPGIMG_0232.JPG