Mike&Patrick reef

Hi. So I would like to introduce me and my small reef. My name is Michal and Iam from EU/Slovakia
Info about my tank
Volume: 220l + filtration tank
Size: 60x60x60cm
Skimmer: Deltec SC1455
Pumps: Jebao DCS 3000, 2x Jebao RW4
Air pump: Eheim 400
Lightning: AI Hydra26HD + 2x24w T5 (ATI Coral Pro)
Aproximatelly 20kg+ of live reef rocks
Brightwell biocubes + no3 cubes, purigen and Ecophos Fe
Animals: Paracanthurus hepatus
Nemateleotris magnifica
Gramma loreto
2x Amphirion ocellaris
2x Pterapogon kauderni
Salarias fasciatus
Valenciennea sexgutata
Spotted mandarin
Blue tuxedo orchid
Lysmata amboinesis and wundermani
Calcinus elegans (he killed that funghia on the photos)
Corals: xenia, some acroporas, crocea clam, montiporas (blue, green, purple, brown), zoases, ricordeas, euphylia, gonopora, seriatophora, lobophyton and lobophylium and more
Tank is 7 month old with stable parameters (no3 is 2.5 and po4 0.02 after more than month without water change)
ef33381766970d21d2321756623cea93.jpg
5deb5aa909414b9326d87c947bd96faf.jpg
d0e71e377a90978ab9757e8af5ab698e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

mr_tap_water

Welcome to RS
That's a nice selection you have there already looking forward to seeing more of your system in the near future[emoji846][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share more pics of your lovely tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

Guys do you have any suggestion on hydra setup? Iam curently using 20000k but I altered white to 60

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Googled Bratislava - looks like a pretty town ! Beautiful Tank !

Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia, is set along the Danube River by the border with Austria and Hungary. It’s surrounded by vineyards and the Little Carpathian mountains, crisscrossed with forested hiking and cycling trails. The pedestrian-only, 18th-century old town is known for its lively bars and cafes. Perched atop a hill, the reconstructed Bratislava Castle overlooks old town and the Danube

mr_tap_water

Hi there
It's possible you may of had a kh swing which usually happens when it goes from the bottom up imo I would try frag it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

This looks like Rapid Tissue Necrosis. It's often referred to as RTN for short. This is a really bad condition to have on a coral. Here are a couple of links to articles on RTN.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-07/gh/index.php
http://www.reefs.org/library/talklog/c_bingman_040697.html

Some people recommend dipping the coral. This can have mixed effects. The dip may slow down or stop the RTN. On the other hand, the dip will put even more stress on the coral and might make things worse.

You may wish to frag off the good areas, and dip them in an attempt to save what you can.

Whatever you do move quickly. RTN can sometimes wipe out all the corals in a tank.

Its just one out of 3 separated branches. Kh is stable. Iam adding 40ml aquaforest component 2+ (kh) daily. No3 is 2.5, nh3 0, no2 0, po4 0.01, ph 8.3, salinity 1.025. I will try to separate damaged branch and perform water change. Okinawe goby is going to be really angry

Guys one strange thing. After I took coral out of water I see green film upon its surface. If Iam correct than it is symbiotic algae. Ive put contaminated branches on the other section of reef to see what happens

Hi guys. So Ive got some news. Ive started to use complete red sea program. Reef foundation ABC+, colours D, energy A and B and coraline gro. Iam not sure if I can use coraline gro. I bought it without knowing that it should not be used in combination with abc+ powder. Should I stop using it and replace it with RS B? Iam not sure because something brown started to show on sand since I start using it

Recent photos. Sometimes its better, sometimes algae returns. Green acropora is in an excellent shape. Unfortunatelly any other acropora dies within few days. My main suspect in this case is still gobiodon so Ive decided to add new species of seriatophora instead
dea6a922e326edda0e2b15603a16bb92.jpg
277db10a8043a26536d9fd4cae9bd827.jpg
143c717184328b4133ff5342d6084be3.jpg

SPR

Guys do you have any suggestion on hydra setup? Iam curently using 20000k but I altered white to 60

Hi Mike

I use the Red Sea Reef Spec settings for the Hydra's which are shown in the manual. Sunrise around 11.30 on Reef spec, then around 7pm white fades out for blue effect which I like in the evenings. The sunset at 10pm.