EVB's Red Sea Max S 650 LED

emvanburen

Thanks! Day 1 word was big. Day 2 was micro bubbles. Day 3 is water - I got my basement water container hooked up via DOS to sort of do my ATO. Still waiting on spectrapure to get their ATO system back in stock.

Got my Apex gear mounted, cords cleaned up and leak sensor online.

Had a small leak day 2 out of the emergency standpipe union - a thread was damaged and it wasn't securely mated. Cleaned it up with a razor blade and it all screwed down right.

I'm amazed at how humid the sump compartment is with its closed back - my last stand was open back. I suppose there isn't anything in there that cares...

Using the Reef Mature kits - hopefully we get a solid quick cycle and the the fish can come back home!

Next is finishing my mixing station, and getting a GAC reactor online.

Fun fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

emvanburen

cddea87c0d760f5da8940e28e97128a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emvanburen

It's very well put together - that's for sure. I've got my DOS adding 4 liters and it's about keeping up with evaporation- hopefully 4.5L tomorrow will raise the sump level.

Today's word is "Diatoms". I suppose it's progress.

emvanburen

Mixing station is online! Two 55g tanks in my basement will provide AWC and ATO to the tank. I'm still high from all the PVC glue!
48a1e816c7dbb717bbf958c1b6a9319a.jpg

I threw a heater into the NSW tank as well, and everything is hooked up to Apex for control. Salt goes in tonight.

SPR

Very impressive. Makes my 4 mixing buckets with pumps and heaters look rubbish now!!lol

emvanburen

Thanks guys. I cleaned things up a bit more - tidy wires and tubes - but more importantly got auto water changes going. Apex dos does the job well! It's a bit loud but I plan to have it run in the midnight hours.

Also got my carbon reactor installed. Pics tomorrow.

And I hope to fetch the "kids" from quarantine camp this weekend. Fun fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

emvanburen

Fish are swimming and I've adjusted my awuascape a bit to look more natural. Added my speckled tang, clown pair, black blenny and a new 6-line wrasse, my serpent stars Bonnie and Clyde, and a new pair of shrimp plus some cleanup snails and hermits.

723aac201247a1fc3a0f337d4a94bd8c.jpg