How did you find this forum?

Wondering how some people found this forum...
I found it via searching on "The Google" "Saltwater forums" and that was that, checked like 8 of them, all inactive then I saw this one that had a post within the last 11 hours and knew... It was just for me..
How about you?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Google search here too...

here a link below... to a couple great reads & why I stayed and called this my saltwater home

What RS is really about . . .

Why ReefSanctuary?

Reef Sanctuary is a real Sanctuary of reef forums ! Did you know when Teri & Travis started RS & picked the name RS that was the thought... to be a Sanctuary of reef forums.

No flames here, unlike some forums... RS is a Sanctuary of forums !

Last edited:

Rini

Google search. Here in The Netherlands are a few forums available with the same people. Like this forum much more.

djpensive

Read through a bunch of different reef forums, with old responses, and even older methods to reef keeping. Came across this one and saw some different information and some really nice tanks, one thing I was told when wanting to get into reef keeping, was find someone with a tank you love, and mimic them as best you can until you start to learn more and then you can start to tinker here and there changing things. So I'm the guy who is always reading everyone reef chronicles (all the hundreds of pages of non-sense comments and all) and deciding who I'd like to imitate.

Squatch XXL

How about you?
I was a member of the "aqualink" web forum, but it went down mysteriously one day never to return...it took years worth of photos and contacts. I was very active, and in an instant lost contact with 100% of my "friends" in the hobby. After a few years I gave up and registered at the other "Centralized Reef" forum. It was a slow. I was quickly banned from their forums. Somehow I am tolerated here. Management at the other places stinks. Moderators have a chip on their shoulder and will ban people for "wrongthink" in off topic forums. I was flabberghasted enough to not even raise a stink. If their mods are any indication of the crap that gets spewed out, they can have it all. I don't bring anything but my experience and lots of photos. If one of the mods wants to bait me into dropping my opinion that may differ from theirs, I will gladly give it to them. I don't learn from past mistakes, and I will not be moved when my opinion is actually scientifically proven fact.

Pat24601

I was a member of the "aqualink" web forum, but it went down mysteriously one day never to return...it took years worth of photos and contacts. I was very active, and in an instant lost contact with 100% of my "friends" in the hobby. After a few years I gave up and registered at the other "Centralized Reef" forum. It was a shit show. I was quickly banned from their forums. Somehow I am tolerated here. Management at the other places stinks. Moderators have a chip on their shoulder and will ban people for "wrongthink" in off topic forums. I was flabberghasted enough to not even raise a stink. If their mods are any indication of the crap that gets spewed out, they can have it all. I don't bring anything but my experience and lots of photos. If one of the mods wants to bait me into dropping my opinion that may differ from theirs, I will gladly give it to them. I don't learn from past mistakes, and I will not be moved when my opinion is actually scientifically proven fact.

You have tons of great advice here!

DaveK

... After a few years I gave up and registered at the other "Centralized Reef" forum. It was a slow. I was quickly banned from their forums. ...

In quite a few circles, it's almost a badge of honor to have been banned from "that other" big reef forum.

I joined on RS when it was almost new. At that time RS was started by some people that belonged to another fairly large, now defunct, reef forum.

Squatch XXL

In quite a few circles, it's almost a badge of honor to have been banned from "that other" big reef forum.
Hahaha, I don't know why. I am suprised @Paul B made it as long as he did due to wrong-think. They are ban-happy.

And just to clarify. I did not end up here because I got banned there. The community was cold and somewhat uncaring there. Like I said, I was at "Aqualink" and the people were warm, friendly and genuine. When that site shut down, it was a real loss. I have found the same spirit here.

People here are real. People want to help you. They help by giving photos and info. There is only one correct way to grow coral, and the rest of us are just impostors attempting to emulate mother nature. This is what sets this forum apart when compared to other "national" forums. I am also a surfer/poster in my home town local group's forum.

I keep my postings similar between here and there, but I do give them a 1 week exclusive on all of my projects, even if they are dangerous and should not be attempted.

I am glad that I could show that ANYONE can drill glass. After that, my brain exploded because of all the possibilities. You guys help me pick up the pieces.

ssagar

I got banned from a popular reef forum for no reason( probably because I had and 3 posts in a year). But when i finally started my SW tank I was desperately searching for people who would be able to help my with some valuable advice, and that's how I landed here.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk