RSM 250 Light controller

letsmod

ok, I cant for the life of me figure out how to set the auto timer for the lights, the RSM Manual SUCKS!! it explains really nothing about the timer, I have tried the center slide to both settings and the T5 and LED do not change, the timer is working I can see it moving. I have the black tabs set at 12 off and 12 on but still nothing.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I had a hard time understanding the lights & timer set up also. I'm like you with the manual leaving lots of needed info out.
Once you get the timer set it is great to have the lights on schedule.
If you don't have your tank plugged into a good surge protector, I'd advise you to get one.
I'm without lights as of yesterday probably because I didn't have a surge protector. The manual didn't say we need one either that I remember. I'm getting one ASAP.
Hope you have a tank thread started here :)
BEST WISHES :biker

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
study this pic... has helped many...

HoodTimer.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
make sure switchs on top & in the side door are set to the on position... then set the tabs & switch on the timer... like the pic above

Stackhous

How do get the blues to just stay on. I got them all on or all off. I don't have the leds it's a older model.

Pat24601

How do get the blues to just stay on. I got them all on or all off. I don't have the leds it's a older model.

I don't think you can with the stock lights. I think it's either all off or all on.

I could misremember, though. I switched to LEDs a year or two ago.

Stackhous

Does the LEDs lower the water temp. It gets to 83-85 with the lights on. I was thinking about switching to LEDs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pat24601

Does the LEDs lower the water temp. It gets to 83-85 with the lights on. I was thinking about switching to LEDs

It definitely does. After I switched to LEDs, I was able to run even without the water cooling fans. I went back to running them for water condensation reasons, but I didn't need them for temp.

I now have to rely on my heater to keep my temp up.

Stackhous

It definitely does. After I switched to LEDs, I was able to run even without the water cooling fans. I went back to running them for water condensation reasons, but I didn't need them for temp.

I now have to rely on my heater to keep my temp up.

Pat24601

R they hard to put in

Good question.

It's not hard, but most of us are intimidated by it just because we don't know how to do it and fear hurting our hood. That said, I've never heard of anyone actually hurting their hoof, it's just people (including me when I did it) worry about it.

As I said back when, if I had to do it a second time, I'd consider it easy. But, the first time is intimidating just because it's new.