Just ordered the Max S 650 - the journey begins

suspiria2

Ordered the 650 last night and the LFS said that it should be here in 7-10 days. Hopefully should be able to get it installed in mid September. Was originally going to get the 500 but found that we had more room than expected and decided to go for the larger tank.
I will get some photos once the items arrive, so far I have a taped out area on the carpet where it will be going.
I got a quarantine tank as well.

Should be an interesting few months getting it setup

I'm sure I have a lot of questions and hopefully only a few mistakes

Kman237

Ordered the 650 last night and the LFS said that it should be here in 7-10 days. Hopefully should be able to get it installed in mid September. Was originally going to get the 500 but found that we had more room than expected and decided to go for the larger tank.
I will get some photos once the items arrive, so far I have a taped out area on the carpet where it will be going.
I got a quarantine tank as well.

Should be an interesting few months getting it setup

I'm sure I have a lot of questions and hopefully only a few mistakes

Congratz on the new tank!
Can't wait to see the progress of your tank. Keep us updated :celebrate::walking:

Kman237

Ordered an RODI unit
The BRS 4 Stage Value Water Saver Plus RO/DI System - 150GPD from BulkReef Supply

Had good reviews, hope it works well
Nice choice I have the same one. Works perfect and easy to setup. You will like it. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

I set mine up under my sink. Added this to my cold water line and I was up an running in no time.
JG Speedfit ASVPP1LF 3/8-Inch by 3/8-Inch by 1/4-Inch Angle Stop Adapter Valve

Attachments

• 417zHFRu--L.jpg
    417zHFRu--L.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 35

suspiria2

I am not sure where to put the unit so I am going to use the faucet adapter for the time being. It will be in the laundry room where we have nice deep sinks that will easily hold a 5 gallon bucket. Of course this room is as far away from where the tank will be as possible.
My wife claims that it will be good exercise to carry buckets of water around the house.

Kman237

Either way works. Actually everything they provide gives you plenty of options.

I use to carry my water in 5 gallons buckets. After 5 or so months I finally caved in and got a brute trash can. I bought the platform with wheels that goes with it. That's where I make my water and then roll it over to the tank. Just a nice gently push and your off!

Photo below. I'm doing a water change right now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,007.7 KB · Views: 40

suspiria2

Started setting up the QT tank this weekend. Got a basic 10 Gallon setup to start, just checking to make sure that all the components are working and there are no leaks.

Attachments

• QT Tank.jpg
    QT Tank.jpg
    752.1 KB · Views: 56

suspiria2

Set the location for the new tank, was initially going for the S 500 but changed to the S 650, you can see the difference between the two on the tape. I have at least 4 ft clearance either side of the tank. Hopefully just 2-3 weeks to go

Attachments

• Tank Location.jpg
    Tank Location.jpg
    950.9 KB · Views: 68

suspiria2

Got the BRS 4 Stage Value Water Saver Plus RO/DI System - 150GPD unit, ran it for 1 hour as recommended and discarded the water, appears to be working well. TDS was measuring about 50 for the incoming tap water and down to 0 for the purified water. The faucet adapter did not fit but the hose adapter did. I will need to get an adapter for my adapter.

Filled a 5 gallon bucket in about 35 minutes

Kman237

Got the BRS 4 Stage Value Water Saver Plus RO/DI System - 150GPD unit, ran it for 1 hour as recommended and discarded the water, appears to be working well. TDS was measuring about 50 for the incoming tap water and down to 0 for the purified water. The faucet adapter did not fit but the hose adapter did. I will need to get an adapter for my adapter.

Filled a 5 gallon bucket in about 35 minutes

Nice Glad you like it! I look forward to seeing the Tank!

Danreef

Set the location for the new tank, was initially going for the S 500 but changed to the S 650, you can see the difference between the two on the tape. I have at least 4 ft clearance either side of the tank. Hopefully just 2-3 weeks to go

Congrats !!!!

Remember to leave enough space in the back. I am not sure if plumbing on those tanks go through the back, but nevertheless let enough space for you to be able to reach/work in the back of the tank.

Cheers
Daniel

suspiria2

Congrats !!!!

Remember to leave enough space in the back. I am not sure if plumbing on those tanks go through the back, but nevertheless let enough space for you to be able to reach/work in the back of the tank.

Cheers
Daniel

I plan to leave about 7 inches in the back, enough space to get my arm through or a short handled screwdriver. The literature said about 6 inches should be enough for any adjustments.
Thanks for the reminder

suspiria2

Just got some selcon, does it have to be refrigerated?
I am going to give making my own food for the fish a try, shrimp,squid, garlic,etc
Read that selcon would be a good supliment

suspiria2

The Tank has arrived and has been set up (mostly).
Received the tank yesterday and got most of it installed, waiting on the Chiller, a light was broken when it arrived and it was missing the return pump. Should have these later in the week

Attached are some pics, nothing very exciting yet, just set up

Tank is still cloudy, of course with no return pump the sump is empty and skimmer has not been tested yet. The internal pumps are all running.

Thanks for all the input so far, I know there will be many more questions

Attachments

• Sump.jpg
    Sump.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 98
  • Stand with Sump.jpg
    Stand with Sump.jpg
    773.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Rocks.jpg
    Rocks.jpg
    968.8 KB · Views: 188
  • Filling the Tank.jpg