What RS is really about . . .

Conway Corals

RS Sponsor
I wouldn't b caught dead licking a zoa. Only mushrooms for me. :what:

..........I live my life as a warning to others.

I've heard the effects are more desirable too, mainly the continuing to breathe part... And the pretty colors....:)

......insert clever sign off here.....

well bigal that's why i joined RS and not other forums, and some time we need to be reminded we where all in the same place at one point or another in our hobby. and remember there are no stupid questions. well said bigalo7

shareef

I appreciate this forum very much! When I need help or have a question, I come here because many are helpful. I don't hesitate to post. I did feel slightly belittled once though when I asked a question about a fish that died, and someone asked if I has quarantined it to watch its feeding pattern before I added it to my tank. (almost like it was a must) It's hard enough for me to afford one tank set up, let alone 2.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks for the support, shareef. We try to watch out for that and make sure it doesn't get out of hand. Please feel free to contact a moderator if you feel wronged in the future. Some people give advice in a more tactful way than others. You're right QT's are definitely helpful but not everyone has the space or money to keep one up and running.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Be sure to start a tank thread & share your tank with us, we love pics :dance:

goose

Hy my name is Larry (Goose) Killian, I currently have and enjoy a 55 gal. and a 30 gal. saltwater tanks and a 56 column fresh water tank,working on setting up a 120 gal. in my basement,maybe around Feb.i will get the rocks and water going, it will be a reeftank.
i also love to road cycle.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Well said AL! I havent been hanging out on here much lately because of the way things were headed. I for one am glad that some of the distasteful humor went elsewhere. I love this hobby and am always willing to help out where ever I can and thats what I really enjoyed about this forum. Great people and great advice!

First of all I want to say this isn't directed at one person or group of people. I've noticed a "Trend" over the last few months and I just wanted to put this out there so we're all reminded of what a great place this is.

I want to try and convey to everyone at RS to remember what makes us different than most other forums on the web. We all know what "other" forums I'm talking about and why we're not hanging out at those places. When you go "there" you get ridiculed for asking simple questions, you get slammed for a less than perfect answer and you get banned for not "going with the flow".

That's pretty much the opposite of what we have here at RS. We genuinely care about each other and have a deep rooted desire to not only help but to TEACH and NURTURE each other so that the community as a whole grows. We are known around the whole internet as a place that's friendly and helpful. We are known because we "meet people where they are and help them to grown and learn". We may not know all of the chemistry and biology that goes on inside the tank but we know how to make up water, do water changes and take care of beginner and advanced husbandry skills in our tanks and most of all we care about each other as individuals and not just Keyboard Warriors.

Let's not forget we ALL started at the same place and we have all made many mistakes (I think I've made them all a FEW times over). I'm as guilty as the next person for getting frustrated but when that happens it's just time to take a step back and get a fresh breath of air (go do a 95% water change LOL). Then come back realizing we're here to help foster not only the hobby as a whole but the camaraderie and relationships that this hobby brings to us.

Henryw25

Wow, what a great post. I joined this month, and I don't think I have ever found such a friendly forum, not just for this hobby, but for anything. I am proud to be a member of such a great community. Thanks! :)